Ataroth in the Bible
Also called ATROTH 1. A city east of the Jordan River
- Numbers 32:3 Ataroth, and Dibon, and Jazer, and Nimrah, and Heshbon, and Elealeh, and Shebam, and Nebo, and Beon,
- Numbers 32:34 And the children of Gad built Dibon, and Ataroth, and Aroer,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ATAROTH.
2. A city, or possibly two different cities, of Ephraim
- Joshua 16:2 And goeth out from Bethel to Luz, and passeth along unto the borders of Archi to Ataroth,
- Joshua 16:5 And the border of the children of Ephraim according to their families was thus: even the border of their inheritance on the east side was Atarothaddar, unto Bethhoron the upper;
- Joshua 16:7 And it went down from Janohah to Ataroth, and to Naarath, and came to Jericho, and went out at Jordan.
- Joshua 18:13 And the border went over from thence toward Luz, to the side of Luz, which is Bethel, southward; and the border descended to Atarothadar, near the hill that lieth on the south side of the nether Bethhoron.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Ataroth.
3. A city of Judah
- 1 Chronicles 2:54 The sons of Salma; Bethlehem, and the Netophathites, Ataroth, the house of Joab, and half of the Manahethites, the Zorites.
Called ATROTH-BETH-JOAB (R. V.)
4. A city of Gad
- Numbers 32:35 And Atroth, Shophan, and Jaazer, and Jogbehah,