Armor-bearer in the Bible
(An attendant who carried a soldier's equipment) Of Abimelech
- Judges 9:54 Then he called hastily unto the young man his armourbearer, and said unto him, Draw thy sword, and slay me, that men say not of me, A woman slew him. And his young man thrust him through, and he died.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ARMOR-BEARER.
- 1 Samuel 14:6-7 And Jonathan said to the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over unto the garrison of these uncircumcised: it may be that the LORD will work for us: for there is no restraint to the LORD to save by many or by few. 7 And his armourbearer said unto him, Do all that is in thine heart: turn thee; behold, I am with thee according to thy heart.
- 1 Samuel 14:12 And the men of the garrison answered Jonathan and his armourbearer, and said, Come up to us, and we will shew you a thing. And Jonathan said unto his armourbearer, Come up after me: for the LORD hath delivered them into the hand of Israel.
- 1 Samuel 14:17 Then said Saul unto the people that were with him, Number now, and see who is gone from us. And when they had numbered, behold, Jonathan and his armourbearer were not there.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Armor-Bearer.
- 1 Samuel 16:21 And David came to Saul, and stood before him: and he loved him greatly; and he became his armourbearer.
- 1 Samuel 31:6 So Saul died, and his three sons, and his armourbearer, and all his men, that same day together.
- 1 Samuel 17:7 And the staff of his spear was like a weaver's beam; and his spear's head weighed six hundred shekels of iron: and one bearing a shield went before him.
- 2 Samuel 18:15 And ten young men that bare Joab's armour compassed about and smote Absalom, and slew him.