Amasai in the Bible
1. A Levite and ancestor of Samuel
- 1 Chronicles 6:25 And the sons of Elkanah; Amasai, and Ahimoth.
- 1 Chronicles 6:35 The son of Zuph, the son of Elkanah, the son of Mahath, the son of Amasai,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for AMASAI.
2. Leader of a body of men disaffected toward Saul, who joined David
- 1 Chronicles 12:18 Then the spirit came upon Amasai, who was chief of the captains, and he said, Thine are we, David, and on thy side, thou son of Jesse: peace, peace be unto thee, and peace be to thine helpers; for thy God helpeth thee. Then David received them, and made them captains of the band.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Amasai.
3. A priest and trumpeter
- 1 Chronicles 15:24 And Shebaniah, and Jehoshaphat, and Nethaneel, and Amasai, and Zechariah, and Benaiah, and Eliezer, the priests, did blow with the trumpets before the ark of God: and Obededom and Jehiah were doorkeepers for the ark.
4. A Levite of the Kohathites
- 2 Chronicles 29:12 Then the Levites arose, Mahath the son of Amasai, and Joel the son of Azariah, of the sons of the Kohathites: and of the sons of Merari, Kish the son of Abdi, and Azariah the son of Jehalelel: and of the Gershonites; Joah the son of Zimmah, and Eden the son of Joah: