Alexander in the Bible
1. Son of Simon who bore the cross of Jesus
- Mark 15:21 And they compel one Simon a Cyrenian, who passed by, coming out of the country, the father of Alexander and Rufus, to bear his cross.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ALEXANDER.
2. A relative of the high priest, present at the defense of Peter and John
- Acts 4:6 And Annas the high priest, and Caiaphas, and John, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kindred of the high priest, were gathered together at Jerusalem.
⇒Definition of alexanders
3. A Jew of Ephesus
- Acts 19:33 And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Jews putting him forward. And Alexander beckoned with the hand, and would have made his defence unto the people.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Alexander.
4. A copper-smith
- 1 Timothy 1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.
- 2 Timothy 4:14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: