Ain in the Bible
1. A city of Simeon
- Joshua 19:7 Ain, Remmon, and Ether, and Ashan; four cities and their villages:
- Joshua 15:32 And Lebaoth, and Shilhim, and Ain, and Rimmon: all the cities are twenty and nine, with their villages:
- Joshua 21:16 And Ain with her suburbs, and Juttah with her suburbs, and Bethshemesh with her suburbs; nine cities out of those two tribes.
- 1 Chronicles 4:32 And their villages were, Etam, and Ain, Rimmon, and Tochen, and Ashan, five cities:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Ain.
Also called ASHAN
- 1 Chronicles 6:59 And Ashan with her suburbs, and Bethshemesh with her suburbs:
Possibly identical with En-Rimmon
- Nehemiah 11:29 And at Enrimmon, and at Zareah, and at Jarmuth,
2. A landmark on the northern boundary of Palestine
- Numbers 34:11 And the coast shall go down from Shepham to Riblah, on the east side of Ain; and the border shall descend, and shall reach unto the side of the sea of Chinnereth eastward: