Achzib in the Bible
1. A city of Asher
- Joshua 19:29 And then the coast turneth to Ramah, and to the strong city Tyre; and the coast turneth to Hosah; and the outgoings thereof are at the sea from the coast to Achzib:
- Judges 1:31 Neither did Asher drive out the inhabitants of Accho, nor the inhabitants of Zidon, nor of Ahlab, nor of Achzib, nor of Helbah, nor of Aphik, nor of Rehob:
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ACHZIB.
2. Also called CHEZIB, a city of Judah
- Genesis 38:5 And she yet again conceived, and bare a son; and called his name Shelah: and he was at Chezib, when she bare him.
- Joshua 15:44 And Keilah, and Achzib, and Mareshah; nine cities with their villages:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Achzib.