Abiezer in the Bible
1. Also called JEEZER, progenitor of the Abiezrites
- Numbers 26:30 These are the sons of Gilead: of Jeezer, the family of the Jeezerites: of Helek, the family of the Helekites:
- Joshua 17:2 There was also a lot for the rest of the children of Manasseh by their families; for the children of Abiezer, and for the children of Helek, and for the children of Asriel, and for the children of Shechem, and for the children of Hepher, and for the children of Shemida: these were the male children of Manasseh the son of Joseph by their families.
- Judges 6:34 But the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet; and Abiezer was gathered after him.
- Judges 8:2 And he said unto them, What have I done now in comparison of you? Is not the gleaning of the grapes of Ephraim better than the vintage of Abiezer?
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ABIEZER.
2. One of David's heroes
- 2 Samuel 23:27 Abiezer the Anethothite, Mebunnai the Hushathite,
- 1 Chronicles 27:12 The ninth captain for the ninth month was Abiezer the Anetothite, of the Benjamites: and in his course were twenty and four thousand.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Abiezer.