Abia in the Bible
1. Also called ABIJAH, chief of the twenty-four courses of priests
- 1 Chronicles 24:10 The seventh to Hakkoz, the eighth to Abijah,
- Nehemiah 12:4 Iddo, Ginnetho, Abijah,
- Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.
2. Son of Samuel
- 1 Samuel 8:1-5 And it came to pass, when Samuel was old, that he made his sons judges over Israel. 2 Now the name of his firstborn was Joel; and the name of his second, Abiah: they were judges in Beersheba. 3 And his sons walked not in his ways, but turned aside after lucre, and took bribes, and perverted judgment. 4 Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, ...
- 1 Chronicles 6:28 And the sons of Samuel; the firstborn Vashni, and Abiah.
3. King of Judah